Makes 20 leaves
20 real leaves (not dead ones. Live only)
1 teaspoon butter
2 ounces baking chocolate (either sweet or semi-sweet, whichever you like)
1. Go outside and gather 20 leaves. Yes leaves! Rose leaves, mint leaves, tree leaves ( maple leaves work very nicely). ( Be careful not to pick poison ivy!) Once again don’t use dead leaves, live ones only.
2. Wash your leaves thoroughly under cold water. Dry them between two paper towels. Put them on a cookie sheet
3. Put butter and bakers chocolate into the top of a double boiler and melt them,icing them together into a paste.
4. Using a butter knife, spread the chocolate paste onto the BOTTOMS of the leaves, about 1/4 inch thick or thicker. Put the chocolate-covered leaves back on the cookie sheet, chocolate side up.
5. Put the cookie sheet into the refrigerator or freezer. When the chocolate is hard, take the sheet out and carefully peel the leaves away from the chocolate.
6. Your chocolate leaves can either be eaten as a candy treat, or used as cake decorations.
The Dessert Girls 🙂