Makes 24 cupcakes
1) 1 box white cake mix
2) 3/4 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate
3) 1/2 cup water
4) 1/3 cup vegetable oil
5) 4 egg whites
6) Pink food coloring (optional, the concentrate makes the batter slightly pink so we added a little pink food coloring.)
1) Preheat ovens oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin tins with liners.
2) Combine all the ingredients in an electric mixer and begin by mixing low for 30 seconds, then increase the speed to medium for another minute.
3) Divide the batter evenly, filling the liners about 2/3 full.
4) Bake cupcakes for about 25 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
5) Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
1) 3 cups confectioners sugar
2) 1 stick in salted butter (room temperature)
3) 2 tbs. frozen pink lemonade concentrate
4) Pinch of salt
5) Pink food coloring
1)Combine all ingredients in an electric mixer and mix on low until combined.
2) Increase speed to medium-high an beat until frosting is light and to your desired consistency.
( For an extra touch add a lemon drop to the top, they can be found in various places but we usually get ours from Atwoods. )
The Dessert Girls 🙂